Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mas sobre PARIS

Hello again!

I don't know what it is about Paris that makes me want to blog, but I'm all about it right now.

By the way, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Its a bit strange to be sightseeing rather than eating mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, but I figure I have many more years ahead of me to stuff myself with stuffing so I'm not letting myself get homesick. I'm in Paris after all!

(side note: french keyboards are sooo annoying!!! the a, w, z, and m are all in the wrong spots. I keep writing like this --> zriting qnd ,qshed potqtoes. I feel like I'm six again and learning how to type!!)

Today I visited Notre Dame, as I mentioned I would do earlier, and it was awesome! I managed to finagle my way into a free entrance to the towers even though I'm not technically an EU citizen (pretty much EVERYTHING is free if you are under 18 or between 18 and 25 AND an EU resident. Thank you, shengen visa!). I got to go all the way to the top! On my tour was an extended family of long island jews who were really funny; the mom especially, because they were sooo ridiculous. One of the kids said at one point that the eiffel tower looked 'very eiffely,' which I suppose it does! My tour ran into a group of french students, about 8 years old, and they were sooo cute!! They kept horsing around and a little blond boy ran into me and said 'pardon, madame.' I wanted to steal him!!! He was so cute!

Oh and the view was awesome.

Next I went to Sainte-Chapelle, which is a small cathedral built in the 13th century to show off the religious relics possessed by the French King and provide a space for royal worship. It is a gorgeous room with 15 panels of stained glass each depicting a book of the old testament or scenes from christ's life. In all there are over 1000 small scenes depicted in the cathedral, and though some were undergoing restoration the ones I was able to see were gorgeous!

Okay I want to spend some time on the Champs-Elysees tonight and its already 7:30! I should get going! But I will finish talking about my day!

Au revoir!

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment