Thursday, September 10, 2009

día increíble!

Ahhhh I had a wonderful day today!!

It started off with Spanish class, which was awesome because I didn't fall asleep and I answered some questions correctly. Then I went to Corte Ingles with Vicky and we found the magical meat-substitute section!! So now I have seitan and tofu!!! Then we tried to find the bicing headquarters because we had some questions about the application but we got horrifically lost... for the better!! We found the center of the Born district, which is an old and stylish district somewhat nearby to the Residencia. It is so cool and is now tied with Gracia in the running to be my future home in Barcelona. We also ran into Santa Maria del Mar, which is famous for its beauty and grandeur. THEN we visited a suuuper tiny record store that Vicky had found with Celia the night before. The owner is in his fifties and told us that he used to work for the clash and is super into underground hip hop. Vicky is doing a research project on underground electronica in Barcelona, he is going to be an incredible resource for her. And for the first time, I feel like I might be able to talk to locals here :) Then we cooked our tofu with broccoli, garlic, onion, mushroom, ginger, and soy sauce, and ate it over rice, and it was incredible. Ahh I am so happy right now!

And oh yeah, the best news of all... DAN IS COMING TO VISIT ME!!!!!! AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment