Wednesday, September 9, 2009

biblioteca

So guess what?? I got a library card!




Cool right? Haha I'm a nerd. The Barcelona library system is great though, it has branches all over the city so pretty much anywhere you live there is a library nearby, and if you have a library card you have access to any branch. I think I'll head back over tonight and check out something in Spanish so that I can actually learn Spanish.

Hah, my library card excursion gave me a really good example of how I cannot speak Spanish anymore. I was trying to ask if it was possible to renew materials online but I forgot the word for renew ("renovar") even though the lady had used it about 20 seconds earlier. So I decided to just add "re" to the beginning of the word for borrow even though I didn't think it was an actual word; I assumed she would be able to figure out what I was talking about. Turns out the word I thought meant borrow, "ahogar," actually means "to drown." No wonder her reaction was "uhhhhh.... qué??"

I do try though.

I love you all!! I will hopefully be updating at least every two or three days, so keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment